Creating a sustainable and connected community that encourages active, healthy living.
The Mount Vernon Parks Foundation (MVPF) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization committed to improving Mount Vernon’s parks and recreational facilities and to expanding recreational opportunities in and around the city of Mount Vernon. The Mount Vernon Parks Foundation accepts tax deductible donations from businesses and private individuals wishing to support projects and places managed by the Mount Vernon Parks and Recreation Department. We focus the interest and enthusiasm of the community to support unfunded parks and trails projects through:
- Fund-raising campaigns for specific parks and trails projects
- Community grant programs that provide capital funding for capital costs for parks, trails and recreational programs
- Supporting programs that provide Mount Vernon’s youth with learning and volunteering opportunities to improve both themselves and our community's parks and trails.
- Facilitation of new trail connections made possible through trail easement agreements with generous private property owners
- Fiscal sponsorship for community-led park-related initiatives
The Mount Vernon Parks Foundation is 100% funded by private donations & sponsorships. Please consider supporting us with a financial contribution via PayPal. Thank You!
Have a special Parks program that's you'd like to support? Be sure to let us know - There's a good chance we can make it happen.
You may also mail donations to:
Mount Vernon Parks Foundation
PO Box 1572
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
Please be sure to note if you'd like your donation applied to a specific program. Undesignated donations will be applied to the Mount Vernon Parks Foundation general fund, allowing the board members to direct the funds as they see fit. Board Directed Funds have supported the Children's Art Festival, Haunted Forest, and miscellaneous expenses including legal fees and insurances needed to make our programs possible.
Interested in learning more?